Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summertime frocks

Dresses : Summer :: Water :: Fish

Near my birthday, I spend time creating the ideal wish list. Anything that I see and like goes onto my make-believe list. I'm essentially doing that thing we all do when we wonder how we would spend the hoards of  lottery money we are certain is going to come along with our $1 tickets. It's as though I believe a birthday Santa is sitting in the South Pole somewhere, diligently taking notes as to my every internal wish, getting ready to surprise ship to me on my birthday all of the things I've been imagining would appear (has anyone else done this type of imagining? I'm not the only one, am I?). Despite the fact that two decades plus have passed without this happening hasn't deterred me in the least. The latest series of birthday daydreams has revolved around dresses - the pretty, summery kind. Here is a visual compilation of some of the fun dresses that have made their way onto my fictional, imaginary birthday list. (all photos c/o stores they are listed under)


Harrods Perfect 10 Leather Fit and Flare Dress


Anthropologie Cendrillon Dress


Delia's Open Back Floral Dress


Farfetch features Maison Rabih Kayrouz from L'Eclaireur


 Free People Sleeveless Miles of Lace Dress


Madewell Sundial Dress


Modcloth Sipping Champagne Dress


Piperlime features Rebecca Taylor Floral Silk Jacquard Stunning Dress


Revolve Clothing features Mason by Michelle Mason Open Back Dress


Shopbop features Addison Contrast Cage Dress


Shopbop features Kimberly Taylor Ella Dress


Urban Outfitters features Sparkle & FadeAudrey Peplum Dress


Asos features Splendid Maxi Dress with Woven Full Skirt


Dear Birthday List-granting Santa,
Quite a well-curated list, am I right? Amiright? I will leave out cookies, cake, milk and candy should you decide to stop by on my birthday eve.

Sincerely,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment