Thursday, September 27, 2012

The best of London Fashion Week Spring 2013

Unlike with New York Fashion Week, where I liked a few pieces in each designer's collection, but from a lot of designers, regarding London Fashion Week, I found myself liking a lot of pieces in a few collections. This is very unlike me.
I, for one, like novelty and options. For instance, I get panicky when people ask me who my favorite band or singer is because I don't know how to tangibly measure that. When I listen to a CD from a band, I usually like a few songs, but I'll only love one or two (Michael Jackson's Thriller album is the sole exception to this rule).
So, London's fashion week had me swooning over pieces by Giles, Temperley London, Antonio Berardi, and Erdem, with a few pieces by other designers rounding everything out.

Giles' offerings boomeranged from the hard-edged white and black minidresses to the airy, pastel-hued gowns that floated down the runway. I admired the ability of the house to encapsulate the multifaceted sides of womens personalities - and their closets. Sure, I would love to attend a gala in a glittering chiffon gown, but I'm equally determined to find a dress that will suit my regular daily needs while in the city, too.  Not to mention that addition of a fuchsia lip that can transition from day to evening.

 Via Style


 Via Style


Via Style



Temperley London was all about the dresses and the skirt. Dresses, skirts, frocks, and gowns. All there, and all resplendent. Whether it be a vibrant red column dress, an a-line summery white halter dress, or a semi-sheer periwinkle dream in tulle...it's all gorgeous.

Via Style


Via Style


Via Style



Antonio Berardi has mastered the glittering-but-not-in-a-princess-or-fairy-way of adding cool girl chic to any of his outfits that are dazzling, but not fruity. He combines minimalism with decadence and succeeds each time.

Via The Cut


Via The Cut


Via The Cut


Via The Cut


Erdem hosted hodge-podge of snakeskin, florals, brights and pastels all wrapped into the most ladylike dresses of the season. That's the secret, isn't it? If you want to get a bit wild and wear animal print, you can do so almost anywhere, provided that the outfit bearing those details is demure and ultra-feminine. Noted. 

Via Style


Via Style


Via Style


And others, such as:



No comments:

Post a Comment