Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In this Issue No. 5 - Blue eyeliner

No. 5 - This beauty feature from Lucky magazine made me attempt blue eyeliner and shadow in an effort to bring out my green eyes. I had assumed, until I glimpsed this blurb, that blue hues were simply not the color family that I should be dabbling in if I wanted to accentuate my green eyes. Keep in mind that the eyes of the model in this spread are almost preternaturally blue, but I still felt compelled to pair blue against green in the hopes that the resulting look would be as radiant as the model's own*. 

*Yes, I realize that the cards were stacked against me in my whole attempt at the resulting look mimicking the magazine spread. Yes, the model is gorgeous. Yes, a professional photographer with a nifty camera and photoshop was essential in capturing the image. Yes, a makeup artist expertly applied the makeup.
But, I've got light-colored eyes, a Canon Powershot and a stable drawing hand, so I'll take those odds, thank you very much.


So I Sephora'd it up and browsed around in search of the perfect blue liner. I went a little cray cray with swatching various liners on my hand that looked like they'd be promising (read: that looked like they would, with a bit of effort on my part, transform my eyes into Barbie-esque peepers)

The final decision as to which liner I would choose left me feeling a bit like Meryl Streep in Sophie's Choice, but I ultimately settled on Tarina Tarantino's Cute Robot. Tarina Tarantino's eyeliners, I suspect, are vastly underrated and thus under-utilized by the average Sephora makeup shopper. This is probably due to the relative newness of the brand's offerings when compared with other, more established brands such as Urban Decay and Make Up For Ever, which each offer multiple liner formulas in a ton of shades. Tarantino's liners proved to be creamy and color-saturated while also providing wonderful staying power. Should I be looking for another shade in the near future, I'll first take a detour toward the Tarantino gondola to browse the selection.


No comments:

Post a Comment