Saturday, March 24, 2012

In this Issue No. 6 - Kate Moss

No. 6 - Please, please don't throw rocks at me (metaphorically) because I'm the 104,567,343rd person to say (write) that he or she really like Kate Moss's style.

That being said (written)...

I really like Kate Moss's style.

True, the woman can pull off the most avant-garde fashions, such as when she is styled in an editorial or walking down a runway, hell, even while walking down a sidewalk. However, I'm most taken in by the way in which she wears classic pieces in her day-to-day goings on.


Take these four photographs of Ms. Moss that I've ripped from magazines and collaged together. The outfits  in these pictures aren't flashy. I noticed Kate instead of her clothes because of how well tailored, proportionate and flattering all of the pieces are. Kate has a coy smile on her face as though she is privy to a funny secret that she's keeping mum about, plus her posture is erect, which exudes confidence. She always seems like she is in a bit of a hurry to get somewhere (somewhere fabulous, no doubt) but never looks as though she is bogged down or stressed en route to her destination. Similar to how one notices the man, not the suit, when said suit is expertly tailored to said man's frame, Kate makes sure to own her look every time she is photographed,  thereby ensuring that she takes center stage - never her clothes. The fact that she makes every style choice seem completely effortless is the icing on the cake of sartorial stardom.

The pieces that I can pair with everything and think WWKMD? are as follows:


Because they will never go out of style and can be worn with almost any other items from my closet.

Though I am a "classic-wear Kate" fan, I'll admit that some of her more vibrant clothing choices appeal to my creative aesthetic, such as:

 The gold star makeup for her 34th birthday party celebration
(photo c/o popsugar.com)


 Turban + winged metallic smoky eye at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala in 2009
(How I wanted a turban after I saw this look!)



No comments:

Post a Comment