Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Taking a bite out of the Big Apple pt. 2 - Collage

While in the city, I loved spotting out different unique and independent stores and restaurants to try. My unofficial goal was to visit and experience as many different of said places and, regarding restaurants, to try as many types of cuisines as possible. 
On this quest, I ate the most amazing food and saw some amazing style. I tried to keep the memories alive of the places I visited by grabbing business cards and/or to-go menus and writing down the details of what I bought when I went inside.
When I got back from New York, I realized that I had amassed quite a little collection of souvenirs in the form of business cards and menus, so  I decided to make a framed collage/shadowbox of my goodies.

I had to whittle down my stockpile in order to ensure that at least some of my NYC ephemera could be displayed.

A few of the 'before' items:


And the 'after':



I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment