Sunday, April 22, 2012

In this Issue No. 9 - Red trousers


I distinctly remember the moment when I first saw this photo in Elle Magazine's April 2011 issue. On a surprisingly warm March day, my roommates and I were lounging on the roof of our Lawrence house, talking about heading to the pool, when I flipped to this page in the magazine. The whole outfit immediately grabbed my attention. The magenta, bright green and orange-red pieces meshed together seamlessly, while I felt that the black overcoat and amazing heels grounded the outfit, keeping it from being too neon. After my initial infatuation with the whole outfit, I homed in on those freaking beautiful red pants. I mean, just look at them! That perfect crease down the front of each leg, the hem grazing the tops of the heels, the lack of awkward pleating. This is minimalism at its best.

I had to snap out of my pants-induced reverie when I realized that soon it would be summer, and hot, humid weather would be the norm. Not only would humid summer prove to a bad time to be wearing full-length trousers, I wouldn't even know where to buy a pair of red pants. It was time to face the facts - I would have to wait until fall to renew my infatuation with the pants and actually search with intent for a pair.

(Fast forward to October)

I am digging through the pictures and magazine cut-outs in my inspo folder when, lo and behold, I find this picture. I personally like the tiny arrow that I'm guessing I penciled-in to indicate (to myself) exactly what item it was that I liked on the page.

Being that it was October and that the slightly chilly weather had made its appearance, it was time to search for a pair of these bad boys. The search wasn't easy. I tried on pants that were made of cheap material, some that were too short, some that had bulky, unsightly pockets. At the risk of sounding dramatic, I felt like a fish being lured in by bait because I was always so close, but my pants were always out of reach.
And, as luck would have it, I found a pair when I wasn't actively searching for them anymore. Figures.

Whether worn with or without tights, on soul crushingly frigid nights or on breezy days, I like 'em.

 

1 comment:

  1. Cool pants!!
    If you have time, I'd love to know your opinion of my fashion blog, about my style between Barcelona and Paris! :)
    xoxo
    M.

    ReplyDelete